May 12, 2023

What is Home Insurance?

Home insurance protects your property as well as your belongings depending on which cover you can afford and best suits you. There are three main types of home insurance: building insurances, contents insurance and a combined building and contents insurance. So how do the options differ?

Building insurance: This covers the repairing damage costs done to your property. This includes walls, windows, roof and other permanent fittings such as baths, toilets and fitted kitchens. Generally, a rule to remember, building insurance covers the cost of rebuilding your house from the ground up.

Contents insurance: This covers the cost of replacing the contents of your home if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen. A general way of defining what is covered on content insurance is the contents you would bring if you moved home.

We would advise you to use the ‘golden rules’ before buying your home insurance. This is so you can get the right deal for you. The ‘golden rules of getting home insurance’ are listed below:

  1. Shop around: Don’t just go for the first insurance policy you see, shopping around will increase your chances of finding a competitive price.
  2. Get the right level of cover: Be as accurate as possible when valuing your contents. You do not want to under or over value the insurance on your belongings.
  3. Read the terms of your policy carefully: Once you have found a policy which is affordable for you, read the terms and conditions carefully. You don’t want to get caught out if you have to ever make a claim.

If you would like more information regarding this or which insurance fits you best, don’t hesitate to call us on 01323 436680.

External Link
You are now departing from the regulatory site of Willow Tree Financial Services. Neither Willow Tree Financial Services Nor Quilter Financial Planning are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site.