Critical Illness Myths Debunked - Part 1
Also known as Serious Cover, this is an insurance which covers specific illnesses listed within a policy. If you get diagnosed with one of these illnesses, a critical illness policy will pay out a tax-free benefit to you – either as a lump sum or a monthly payment.
These are the most common reasons I am given as to why people are reluctant to take out this kind of policy, so I’m going to dispel some of these now.
1. “It’ll never happen to me”
Most people believe that a critical illness will never happen to them, yet most of us know of someone either directly or through friends and family that has been affected. Major conditions covered are cancer, heart attack, heart bypass, kidney failure, major organ transplant, multiple sclerosis and stroke. Many policies will also cover a policy holders children.
• Cancer Research say that 1 in 2 UK people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime*
• Around 1.4 million people alive in the UK today have survived a heart attack – figures from British Heart Foundation.
2. “I’m too young”
No one wants to think they’ll be struck down with a critical illness – but it can affect anyone, at any age and any time.
• The age group of 0-24 has the greatest increase in cancer incidence rates since the early 90s.
• Multiple Sclerosis is one of the most common causes of disability in younger adults – it is most commonly diagnosed in people in their 20’s and 30’s – although it can develop at any age. It is 2 to 3 times more common in women than in men.
To find out more about the conditions covered, what level of protection you need and what this may cost contact us on 01323 436680 to book an appointment.
Can you afford not to?
***PART TWO COMING NEXT WEEK***
#Insurance #Protection #Seriousillness #Criticalillness #childrenscover #protectyourself #mortgage #lifestyle #firsttimebuyer #homemover #remortgage #financialadvice #willowtreewednesday #willowtreefinancialservices