5 Documents you need for a mortgage application...
Updated: Oct 28, 2020
Want to get prepared for getting a mortgage?
Then you need these documents;
1. Proof of ID - Ideally your Passport or Driving License (other docs acceptable if you don't have these, ask for more info). Make sure it is in date and the address is correct.
2. Proof of Income - this will depend if you are employed or self employed. If Employed - 4 Months payslips, and if you have regular Overtime or Bonuses we'll also need your most recent P60.
If Self Employed - Your last 1, 2- or 3-years tax calculations/SA302s & corresponding tax year overviews as a minimum depending how long you have been trading for.
Be aware that further documentation may be required as proof of your income
3. Bank statements – last 4 months bank statements for the accounts where your income is paid into and your bills are paid from.
4. Proof of deposit - usually the last 4 months bank statements for your savings account(s) where the funds are kept. If you are using a gifted deposit, a letter from the person who is gifting you the deposit will be required. Let us know if you would like a template of our gifted deposit letter to use.
5. Copy of your credit report - if you aren't sure how to do this, get in touch and we'll point you in the right direction.
Being prepared is key when getting mortgage ready – it can avoid any unnecessary delays with your mortgage application.
These documents help us to provide you with the most suitable advice which is why we always ask for these at the start.
If you would like to benefit from our expert guidance to help navigate the home buying process let us know. We would love to help you!
*Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
**Additional documentation may be required
Willow Tree Financial Services